Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines, birthday cupcakes and more

It's been a busy baking week around here. It took me awhile to get my stuff together for my class. A couple batches of icing for class and to use for my practice cake, make a cake, then make and decorate Valentine's cupcakes for Erica to take to school. Then tonight, I made birthday cupcakes to bring to work for someone tomorrow. This weekend I've got a first birthday cake (including smash cake) to make, then getting ready for this coming week's class. I still haven't decided if I want to bring cupcakes, or make a new cake to bring. We still have hardly touched this weeks'. I think I'm going to be cake'd out by the time my fourth class is done!

Here's the pics from this week's decorating.


My class cake - Not the greatest one I've ever made (the buttercream got a little smushed up from various sources.... and I think i missed half a row of stars in the orange color, oops). That's why it's called a practice cake!!


Birthday cupcakes for Peter - Yellow & chocolate cupcakes with buttercream swirl on top


Valentine's mini cupcakes - chocolate cupcakes with buttercream swirl and sprinkles on top

No comments:

Post a Comment