Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last class cake

Tonight was my last Course 1 class and I finally learned how to make roses! Aha!! The light slicked on in my head and I figured it out and they didn't look like cabbages or something equally weird looking. My cake colors however didn't turn out exactly like I'd hoped, but that is the product of rushing through making icing after getting home from work at 4:30 and having no icing whatsoever made! But, in 1.5 hours, I made the caramel sauce (O.M.G. sooooooooooooo yummy-tastic!!), filled the cake, made 2 batches of icing, colored it, and iced the cake with it's base coat and smoothed it out. I got all my bags ready and off I went to class in a rush. Tonight, I only blew 1 bag (a regular habit there apparently, 3 weeks in a row....) and managed to make a pretty nice cake (minus a few crumbs in the icing, courtesy of a very, very moist chocolate fudge cake). Sadly, I did not get a piece of said cake, as I made Mom a 2 second offer to bring the cake to her to work tonight (can't believe she even had to think about that!!) and brought it there for the unit to enjoy. I, on the other hand, had a wonderful snack of apple slices and caramel sauce (again, O.M.G, soooooooo yummy!!!).

Hope you enjoyed the cake St. Boniface NICU!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment