Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tara's Birthday cake

I will admit, I've gotten a lot of questionable looks when I told people who I was making this cake for. People are a little surprised that I kinda went all out for my ex-husband's girlfriend's birthday cake. They are having a pig roast out at their place tomorrow, and I was going to bring something anyways, and he asked me if I would make her a cake. Seeing as there might be like 50 people or more, I kinda went big. The bottom tier is vanilla pound cake (a new recipe), with chocolate fudge filling. The middle is devil's food cake with strawberry cream cheese filling (another new recipe). The top is lemon cake, with vanilla filling. It's all covered in fondant, with chocolate fondant branches, and royal icing flowers. So there's a little something for everyone!



Happy Birthday Tara!

No comments:

Post a Comment